Get Rid of Lower Back Pain to Live Your Best Life
Few things can be more debilitating in your day-to-day life than lower back pain. You might search for a “chiropractor near me” while holding onto the painful part of your back. Search no more. Upper Cervical Spine Centers of Michigan in Monroe, MI, is waiting to get you moving again.
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
You just know your back hurts, but Dr. Morgan Crowley, a chiropractor in Monroe, MI, can explain why it hurts and what can be done to relieve pain without surgery or medication. About 80% of people will experience low back pain in their lives.
Common causes include:
- Pinched nerves: A pinched nerve is caused by the jelly-like substance between spinal discs rupturing and putting pressure on nearby nerves.
- Weight: Those who are overweight or obese carry extra weight that exacerbates the pressure on the joints and discs.
- Heavy-lifting jobs or activities: If you carry a heavy load at work or crank out reps at the gym, you could be setting yourself up for back pain.
- Sedentary lifestyle: If you aren’t very active, the muscles might not be strong enough to support your back properly.
- Genetics: You might be genetically predisposed to issues like scoliosis or osteoarthritis.
How to Fix Lower Back Pain at Upper Cervical Spine Centers of Michigan
We have several options catered specifically to your needs. First, we’ll get a full medical history and X-rays. Then we’ll work to resolve the root problem.
- Cold laser therapy provides a pain-free way to target the inflammation sources while reducing the problem area. A small handheld device is moved over the target area.
- Spinal decompression opens up the vertebrae in the back, allowing new nutrients to flood into the affected area. You just lay down, and the machine does the rest.
- Strengthening and stretching exercises might be prescribed to loosen muscles, increase circulation, and drain inflammatory fluids.
- Manual manipulation and alignment aren’t as intense as they sound at Upper Cervical Spine Centers of Michigan in Monroe, MI. Dr. Crowley can target the areas needing adjustment gently.
- Nutritional counseling at Upper Cervical Spine Centers of Michigan can establish good eating habits with anti-inflammatory foods and a diet to help overweight people safely lose pounds.
When You’re Ready for Chiropractic Care in Monroe, MI
The first one is on us. We offer a free consultation to see if we can help fix your upper back pain. We also specialize in upper cervical chiropractic care.
If you’re searching for chiropractic care in Monroe, MI, Upper Cervical Spine Centers of Michigan should be your first call. We can be reached at (734) 241-1111 or at www.gentlespine.com.