Upper Cervical Back Pain Treatment
If you have experienced chronic upper cervical back pain, daily debilitating headaches, or stiff muscles, it is time to seek treatment. Dr. Crowley in Monroe, MI, uses exercises, massages, adjustments, and other chiropractic techniques to provide relief for upper cervical back pain. At Upper Cervical Spine Centers of Michigan, we understand the impact of upper cervical back pain and we work hard to help our patients find relief. We are here to help you find some much-needed relief and improve your quality of life.
What Causes Upper Back Pain?
Upper back pain has a variety of causes that can be treated by our chiropractor. Some of the most common causes of upper back pain include:
- Overuse of muscles: Overuse of the upper back muscles can come as a result of working in a hard-labor job or lifting weights excessively in the gym.
- Tension: Tension in the upper back is quite common. If you have ever massaged someone's back at the end of a long day, you know the upper back can feel like a wall caused by tension.
- Improper posture: Working in front of a computer or sitting at a desk all day can easily cause upper cervical back pain if your head is slightly tilted forward or you are slouched.
- Herniated discs: Age, genetic conditions, sudden jarring motions such as in an accident, and sudden sprains can cause your cervical discs to become herniated and result in back pain.
These are just some of the many causes of upper back pain. At Upper Cervical Spine Centers of Michigan, our chiropractor will determine the exact cause of your pain and create a treatment plan tailored to meet your health goals.
Chiropractic Treatment Options
At our office in Monroe, we offer a variety of treatment options to alleviate pain, reduce inflammation, and promote healing in the upper back. Treatment options for upper cervical back pain include:
- Spinal decompression for herniated discs
- Spinal manipulation and adjustments to correct poor posture and spinal deformities
- Muscle massage and stretches to reduce tension and inflammation in the upper back
Contact Our Chiropractor in Monroe, MI
If you are suffering from upper back pain, it is time to schedule an appointment with Dr. Crowley at Upper Cervical Spine Centers of Michigan. Call our team today at (734) 241-1111 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.